Chex Mix and Deviled Eggs
I am not working outside of the home right now, so my husband and I are trying to save money. We used to eat out or bring home take-out four or five days a week! Now we are cooking more at home and limiting that unhealthy fast food to only three or four times a month. Which of course doesn't just save money. We're eating healthier too! So besides cooking just meals, I'm trying to cut back the prepackaged snacks from the grocery store as well. That's where this blog post comes in. Today is all about two foods I absolutely love. So what are they?
Chex mix and deviled eggs of course! I love a good homemade chex mix, and so do my parents. So that's what I'm making today. Plus a bonus! I'm also making deviled eggs for a potluck at my husband's job. Don't worry though, I'm making enough so I can have some too! So let's get started with the chex mix first.
I'm not following any particular recipe because I haven't found one that I like. I really like a lot of butter and Worcestershire sauce along with the other spices so with a little trial and error, this is the ingredient list:
- 1.5 sticks of butter
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp seasoned salt
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3 cups rice chex
- 3 cups wheat chex
- 3 cups corn chex
- 3 cups pretzels
- 1 cup peanuts
Now, since this isn't a cooking blog, I have decided not to get into the details of making it, but if you want to watch me make this chex mix, check out my YouTube channel! MOMnMEcraft
Next up is the deviled eggs. Here are all of the ingredients you will need:
Normally I would use .5 tsp of seasoned salt, but my husband doesn't really like the deviled eggs salty, so I'm cutting it in half today.
And that's it! These were super easy to make, and don't forget, if you want more details on how to make them, check out my YouTube channel listed above. Have a great day and happy homesteading!

Comments
Post a Comment