Making Tamales and Other Fun Projects

     Hi everyone! I made tamales with my parents the other day. It was a lot of fun! It's only the second time we've done this, so we learned a few things as we went. We made about 50 tamales so now we've got quite a few in our freezer. We made pork tamales, chicken tamales, and even a few shrimp tamales upon my husband's request. We would have made even more, but that's all that would fit in the pot!

I've also been working on some other projects unrelated to self-sufficiency, that I think would be fun to share with you none-the-less. 
My mom wants to redecorate her house so I worked on some wall decor for her. I found this old window at a thrift store.


I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out because it was in pretty rough shape! But I think it turned out quite nicely. I didn't make the wreath in the picture, but I do like to make wreaths, so she can change it out with the season. 


And finally, I organized my shoe collection. Everyone needs to do this! It's definitely better than having them in a dusty pile on the floor!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chex Mix and Deviled Eggs

15 Ways to Become more Self-Sufficient

Fruit Leathers and Apple Rings